Dorie Clark Kevin Kelly commitment time management mastery
Saying no to unattractive proposals is easy. The problem is saying no to good opportunities because we can’t do everything we would like.
Four questions to determine if something is worth doing, taken from Dorie Clark’s The Long Game:
- What’s the total commitment?
- What is the opportunity cost?
- What’s the physical and emotional cost?
- Would I feel bad in a year if I didn’t do this?
Complement with Kevin Kelly’s advice in Excellent Advice for Living:
- When you get invited to do something in the future ask yourself: Would I do this tomorrow? Not too many promises will pass that immediacy filter.