- The making of Art Space Tokyo Digital, by Craig Mod. Must read if you are interested in ebook publishing.
- 40% of the world population does not have access to toilets. Reflections on the Reinvent the Toilet Challenge by Bill Gates.
Links about Twitter API 1.1 changes
(or Don’t relay on a free third-party API as the core asset of your business model.)
- Twitter’s original announcement by Michael Sippey (16-Aug).
Twitter’s API Changes (Ben Brooks),
Twitter to Client Developers: Drop Dead (John Gruber),
Interpreting some of Twitter’s API changes (Marco Arment). Podcasts: Build and Analyze: Quadrants, Hypercritical: Channels of control.
What developers of twitter clients said some days after the announcement
- Tapbots, developers of Tweetbot: Don’t panic.
- Iconfactory, developers of Twitterrific: New Rules, Same Road.
Twitter cuts off Tumblr “find friends” access
(or We look forward to creating new ways for developers to not only build applications using data and content from Twitter1).
- News coverage on The Next Web.
- Twitter cuts off “find friends” access to Tumblr, too by Marco Arment.
Two Twitter replacement initiatives, with different approaches
- Tent: an open source decentralized social networking. Also, The Tent Manifesto.
- App.net: a centralized, crowdfounded ($500K), subscription-based social network. Announcement by Dalton Caldwell: An audacious proposal.
- Reactions to App.net: You can’t start the revolution from the country club (Anil Dash) and App.net isn’t just a country club (Dan Wineman).